TIP Grant2017-2018 Tip Grant Application Form (Word)
What is the purpose of OSTC Transition Improvement Grant Program?
OSTC supports the excellence and creativity of transition providers who serve adolescents and young adults with disabilities in the State of Oregon. Through the acquisition and distribution of resources, OSTC achieves the goal of enhancing and supplementing transition-related programs that in turn provides additional educational opportunities for students with disabilities.
TIP grant applications are evaluated on the description of the proposal submitted which must include all of the following:
- Describe how the funds will be used to promote positive post-school outcomes for transition-aged students with disabilities and will enhance the skills necessary for successful community integrated work experiences or employment.
- Describe how one or more of the following Pre-Employment Transition Skills will be integrated into your plan including collaboration with Vocational Rehabilitation as required by the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA)?:
- Job exploration counseling,
- Work-based learning experiences, which may include in-school or after school opportunities, experiences outside of the traditional school setting, and/or internships,
- Counseling on opportunities for enrollment in comprehensive transition or postsecondary educational programs,
- Workplace readiness training to develop social skills and independent living,
- Instruction in self-advocacy
- Describe how your plan will foster partnerships between schools and community partners that includes sharing resources? (Applicants who identify a plan to provide matching funds will be given special consideration.)
- Describe how inclusive practices will be promoted in schools and/or community with the project/activity?
- Explain how this funding will be utilized to develop a long-term, sustainable program that will lead to continuous improvement to transition programming.
Who may apply for funds?
School or District employees may submit grant applications to the OSTC Board for grants to serve the transition needs of students with disabilities in their school or district. School district employees who are OSTC Board members will be excused from participating in the proposal review process and funding decisions for proposals that they may be involved with.
What are the funding limits?
Up to $1000 per proposal
Schools may submit more than one proposal.
Grant awards will not exceed $5000 total for the 2017-18 school year.
What is the application process?
Respond to all the items listed on the Grant Application. Concise, clear responses are best. Letters of support are encouraged. Submit the application electronically to:
Kriss Rita, TIP Grant Chair OSTC Board at: firstname.lastname@example.org
When must the applications be submitted?
Deadline for grant applications is 5:00 PM on or before June 26, 2017. Please note, this deadline is firm. The funding period is for one year from the date of the award.
What are the TIP Grant recipient obligations?
- Attend the 2018 OSTC (funding not included in grant award)
- Provide presentation slides and participate in group presentation at 2018 OSTC
When will applicants be notified?
Applicants will be contacted by email by August 31, 2017. TIP Grant recipients will receive additional information on use of funds, evaluation reports, and other requirements. A grant agreement form will be completed before funds can be dispersed.
If you have questions, contact Kriss Rita Email: email@example.com
2017-2018 TIP Grant Award Winners
Congratulations to the following people for receiving a TIP Grant from OAVSNP!:
- Patricia Gardner at Lincoln County School District
- Heidi Waisanen at Astoria High School